From cutting edge upstarts to blue-chip stalwarts, London’s art galleries are ever innovating with new spaces and new ideas. Monocle visits four that each in their own way show the art scene to be as bold as ever.
1. Lots of quick and easy ideas for cleaning up your home’s entryway can be found at Real Simple like this one or this one. I love the painted on floor mat in this front hall!
2. Check out the directions on how to use colorful dyes to brighten up any basic canvas shoe on Martha Stewart Living.
3. Benita of Chez Larsson shares her fabulous organization tips for her home office here andhere.
4. Benita also explains about how she organizes her photographs in this post. There are lots of really good home improvement projects and ideas that Benita shares at Chez Larsson, I am sure you will enjoy reading more once you visit her!
5. Even though it is Winter in Australia, Donna Hay still has some beautiful summer entertaining recipes and ideas here.
6. I think poufs are everywhere because they are an easy way to add color or update a sitting area. Here is a pattern to make your own by Amy Butler. You can find more information about the pattern and how much fabric you will need on Amy’s gorgeous siteright here.
7. Isn’t this DIY chevron rug project amazing? Please visit the Little Green Notebook Blog by Pearl Street Interiors to read about how to make an inexpensive Ikea rug not something fabulous all by yourself.
8. I had to end with this delicious looking cherry crumble cake as it would be perfect for a picnic or with tea while doing a little reading. Mowie of Mowielicious is always whipping up something incredible and I am sure you will enjoy checking out his beautiful blog.
This kitchen and dining area is part of a home in Hackney, East London, an area which has steadily been increasing in both popularity and gentrification across the last ten years. The owners, artist Francis Upritchard and her husband furniture designer Martino Gamper have gradually added to the space during the six years that they’ve been living there. The […]
Small Spot 5 2010 30cm x 15cm acrylic on canvas $380 Small Rectangles 1 2011 10cm x 30cm acrylic on canvas $350 Small Spots 2011 10cm x 20cm acrylic on canvas $280 Small Squares […]